Monday 26 March 2012

SPRING IS HERE

Yes spring is here. This is how it has been said. But in fact spring is not just here, it is there too. Its everywhere.  Well , here or there is not that much important. The fact is that after quite a long and much more tough winter this year, the spring has finally arrived. Spring is the first sign of arrival of summer. It's in between the two seasons. At times it expands its tenure, but at times its tenure reduces to a short period of time. This year i think there will be short spring.

You may ask the reason behind my this forecast. Well, even if you don't ask and continue looking at my face, i will be giving my unquestioned reply. It's simple. This year there had been a long and tough winter. As a natural reaction to that, everybody expects a larger and burning summer.

But the truth is that i go through the same sort of feelings, during these months, almost every year. I always fail to adjust myself to spring. Its a mixture of cold and hot. When i dress myself , thinking it is cold outside, i find out to be hot outside. I frequently end up in the total reverse situations too frequently. I don't know if you people too experience the same or not.

Years back, a friend of mine had told me his way of  forecasting the weather. According to him when he sees the seams of skirts going up, he understands the spring has arrived. The increase in temperature is also directly linked to the shortening of the skirts. He was a good person, but one day his wife caught him measuring the length of skirt of a girl on a bus stand. He tried to explain that all he was trying to measure the length of her skirt, just to forecast the temperature for the next day, but unfortunately his wife was not interested in weather forecasting. She was more interested in forecasting his future. Within moments she had forecasted his future. He was doomed.

I managed to learn this special  technique of temperature forecasting. However, i too am a married man, and i have learnt my lesson from the experience of my friend.. So i developed a system of measuring the temperature just by looking. However, for that i do have to measure the length of a minimum of  50 girls, by eyes. You do know that it's not always easy to stare at 50 girls daily. But i have to do it, because i have heard that the government is going to privatise the Metreological department, in near future. I am preparing a proposal from my side for that. I am sure the final decision would be in my favour, because my offer would be the cheapest. Just my salary, and a couple of hours tour of various shopping centres. Thats all.


No comments:

Post a Comment